What’s happening today!
2 February, 2023, 6:00 am
Bula vinaka everyone.
Here is another edition of some basic information you may need to know for today.
First, here is your weather forecast for today:
- Heavy rain alert remains in force for the eastern and northern divisions
- Situation: A trough of low pressure lies slow moving just to the north of Fiji
- It is expected to drift south and affect the northern and eastern parts of the country from later tonight and gradually affect the whole group later tomorrow till the next few days
- Cloudy periods with some showers over the eastern part and interior of Viti Levu, Cakaudrove and eastern Macuata, Lau and Lomaiviti groups
- Elsewhere, fine apart from afternoon, evening or overnight showers
- Isolated thunderstorms and heavy falls expected, especially in the afternoon or evening
- Localized heavy falls may lead to flash flooding of low-lying areas
- Showers becoming occasional and increasing to periods of rain with squally thunderstorms from later tonight over the eastern and northern parts of the group
- Moderate northerly winds
- Pacific Islands Tax Administrators Association Secretariat Performance Management workshop, Tanoa International Hotel, Nadi – 8am
Planned power shutdown
- Whole of Tomuka Rd, Lautoka – 8am-5pm
- Kings Rd, Wainibuka – 8am-6pm
- Vuninokonoko Rd, Navua – 8am-5pm
- Naitutu Rd – 8am-5pm
- Taveuni – 7.30am-5pm
- Ovalau – 9am-4.30pm
- Savusavu – 8.30am-4.30pm
- Navala Rd, Ba – 9am-4.30pm
- Korolevu – 8.35am-4.30pm
- Field 40, Lautoka – 8.30a,-4.30pm
- Nadi Back Rd, Lautoka – 9am-4.30pm
Here are some movies showing at Life Cinemas.
Pathaan: Nadi – 11am, 1.35pm, 5.25pm, 7.40pm, 8.40pm / Nakasi – 11am, 1.40pm, 5.25pm, 7.30pm, 8.40pm / Lautoka – 10.50am, 2.05pm, 5.25pm, 7.30pm, 8.40pm / Labasa – 10.50am, 2.10pm, 5.25pm, 7.40pm, 8.40pm
Knock at the cabin: Nadi – 11.30am, 8.50pm / Nakasi – 11.30am, 8.50pm / Lautoka – 5.15pm / Labasa – 5.30pm