Tragic start to the new year as student dies after being electrocuted
2 January, 2019, 4:00 pm
THE New Year started in a tragic way for the family of a 12-year-old student who was electrocuted yesterday.
This was confirmed in a police statement which said the incident occurred at the Lelean Memorial School quarters where the victim resides.
Police say the deceased was splashing water with the other kids when the deceased accidentally tripped on an electric steel pole which was believed to be live.
Attempts to revive the deceased proved unsuccessful.
The deceased was rushed to the Nausori Health Centre however was pronounced dead on arrival.