Singh retains his position as FTU general secretary
17 April, 2021, 10:48 pm
Fiji Teachers Union general secretary Agni Deo Singh has retained his position for another two years after elections were completed today.
This was confirmed by the Fijian Elections Office (FEO) after releasing the provisional results for the FTU national elections this evening.
Other provisional results:
- President – Muniappa Goundar
- Vice President (3) – Nukul Barman, Pranesh Sharma, Ajeshni Nand
- Assistant General Secretary – Rajnesh Lingam
- General Treasurer – Sashi Shandil
- Executive Committee Members (3) – Pranesh Kumar, Madhur Prakash, Pratosh Kumar
- Personnel Officer – Rameshwar Lal
- Publicity Officer – Brij Bhan Singh
All office bearers will also serve for a term of two years.
The FEO has also confirmed that the final results will be first conveyed to the Union before is released to the public.