Morning fire destroys Toorak flat

The double story flat on fire this morning November 8, 2018. Picture: WAISALE KOROIWASA

A FAMILY of two lost majority of their belongings in a house fire in Toorak, Suva this morning.

A mother in her mid 50’s and her son were not at home when their double story flat caught fire.

While the family wished not to speak to this newspaper at the scene this morning, neighbors who were at home at the time of the fire said it spread so quickly that they couldn’t do anything but watched helplessly.

The top flat which was wooden was destroyed while the bottom concrete flat sustained damages as well.

Watch video:

More Stories