Italy prosecutors probe 40 more people over bridge collapse -sources

Firefighter helicopter flies over the collapsed Morandi Bridge in the port city of Genoa, Italy August 16, 2018. REUTERS/Stefano Rellandini

GENOA, Italy (Reuters) – Italian prosecutors have placed around 40 more people under investigation in relation to the collapse of a motorway bridge in Genoa last year, including ex-officials of Atlantia’s units and the transport ministry, judicial sources said. Former officials at state-controlled road maintenance operator Anas were also under investigation, the sources said. The […]

Continue reading this article with a Fiji Times online membership.

More Stories