IT experts confirmed as speakers for conference
4 March, 2019, 11:16 pm
EIGHT Information Technology (IT) experts have been confirmed as speakers at the inaugural National Conference on Information Technology.
The Fiji National University’s National Training and Productivity Centre has organized the conference at the Pearl South Pacific Resort in Pacific Harbour.
Director NTPC, Dr Isimeli Tagicakiverata said in a statement that this year’s line-up has a great mix of IT experts who will be sharing insights on the latest security trends, technical content and unique perspectives.
He said FNU’s Pro Vice Chancellor (Research) Professor Mohini Singh is one of the two female expert presenters at the IT conference, the other was Sue Bryant, South Pacific Regional Director, Huawei Technologies.
“She (Prof Mohini) is recognised for her work in the areas of Information Technology Management, Digital Business, E-Government and Social Media.
“And she has held several leadership positions in her 30 years’ experience as an academic in Australian Universities and is a Fellow of the Australian Computer Society, and a member of a large number of professional associations,” said Dr Tagicakiverata.
The theme of the conference is “Digital Transformation Towards a Smarter Fiji” which is in line with the Fijian Government’s roadmap on digital transformation of its services.
Speakers for the day:
- Ms Sue Bryant, South Pacific Regional Director, Huawei Technologies
- Bram Peters, the Program Manager for Pacific Financial Inclusion Programme
- Shivnesh Prasad, Director Communications, Ministry of Communications, Fiji
- Andrew Kumar, Chief Technology Officer, Vodafone Fiji
- Sandeep Sehgal, Director, Pallas Athena Consulting Pvt. Ltd, India
- Jitendra Singh, Chief Information Officer, Williams & Gosling Pte Limited
- Karunesh Mani, Managing Director, Kastel Technologies Ltd
- Mukesh Babu, Centre Head for Centre of Excellence in IT